The PRACTICE project aims to build a secure cloud framework that allows for the realization of advanced and practical cryptographic technologies providing sophisticated security and privacy guarantees for all parties in cloudcomputing scenarios.
An advanced and comprehensive framework represents a key factor for the achievement of the following PRACTICE project goals:
- data confidentiality and integrity, eliminating need for users to trust cloud providers;
- computation on encrypted data, preventing even insiders from disclosing secrets or disrupting the service;
- flexible architecture and tools allowing seamless migration from execution on unchanged clouds today towards new platforms while gradually adding levels of protection.
This will open new markets, increase their market share, and possibly lead to the acquisition of foreign markets where reach has been limited due to confi dentiality and privacy concerns. The PRACTICE project will:
- enable European customers to save costs by globally outsourcing to the cheapest providers while still maintaining guaranteed security and legal compliance;
- deliver a Secure Platform for Enterprise Applications and Services providing application servers and automatic tools enabling privacy-sensitive applications on the cloud;
- protect user data from cloud providers and other users, supporting cloud-aided secure computations by mutually distrusting parties.